Photo Identification Cards

There are two ID cards that are provided to residents.

One is the University of Manitoba faculty student ID card that comes with admission/registration with Postgraduate Medical Education in the University of Manitoba and is available at the Neil John MacLean Health Sciences Library located in the Brodie Centre. See their hours of operation.

Your student photo identification (Photo ID) card is your access key to all student services. You should carry your Photo ID card with you at all times. It is issued when you first register and is permanent throughout your attendance at the University of Manitoba.

The Photo ID Card is your library card. You will also be asked to show it when you sit for examinations, for athletic facilities, to purchase a food service meal plan or to purchase a discounted bus pass. This card can also be set up for 24 hours access to the Brodie Centre. Residents are required bring their University of Manitoba ID swipe card to Colin Wootton’s office for card encoding.

Colin Wootton
University of Manitoba Physical Plant
S013 Med Services Bldg
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0W3
Tel: 204-789-3649 Fax: 204-789-3933

The other is the WRHA facility access ID card. Requisition forms can be obtained through the PGME Office. This is an important photo ID card that all trainees must wear every day. There is swipe access on this card for WRHA/HSC site areas needed during their clinical training. WRHA ID card requisitions should be taken to HSC Security Services Room MS245 -820 Sherbrook Street between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Weekdays

Comments are closed.