These town hall style meetings are held twice per year. The first one takes place before the end of October and the second between January and March. They are generally around an hour long and refreshments are provided.
These meetings are to allow all members the chance to provide feedback to the Board. Ideally representatives from every program would take part.
Notices will be sent out around a month before each Advisory Council. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM takes place between April 15 and June 15 each year. Notice will be sent out to all members at least two weeks before. As well as elections, the agenda may contain the following:
- President Report
- Treasurer Report
- By-law amendment approval
- Executive Committee Reports
- Executive Director Report
- Q & A
Refreshments are provided at the AGM, and there is also an opportunity to receive money for your program! Stipends are awarded based on AGM attendance. See below for more information.
PARIM is dedicated to giving back to residents by supporting their participation in the governance of the organization. These stipends were created to encourage active attendance at the Annual General Meeting and to give groups of residents a financial means to develop activities, wellness events, or social events with others in their programs.
Medical Residency Programs within PARIM are awarded stipends based on the number of residents enrolled in the Program at the PARIM Annual General Meeting. The amount of the stipend depends on which category in which the Program falls:
- Small Programs – 10 (ten) or fewer residents, send one rep, receive $500 per program
- Medium Programs – 11 (eleven) to 30 (thirty) residents, send two reps, receive $700 per program
- Large Programs – 31 (thirty-one) or more residents, send three reps, receive $1000 per program
In order to receive this stipend, each program must send the appropriate number of delegates or representatives to the AGM. If the Program also has members who are on the Board of Directors, these will not count as representatives towards the program stipend. If you are uncertain of the number of representatives needed for your program, please contact email@example.com to inquire. Attendance will be recorded at the AGM.
- Attendance in a given year at the AGM will result in a stipend paid for the following academic year. For example, if your program sends three representatives to the AGM in May 2021 (Academic year 2020-2021), the stipend will be issued to your program in July/August 2021 (Academic year 2021-2022).
- Numbers of residents enrolled in a program are based on the rosters as of the date of the AGM. For example, your program has 30 residents in April 2021, but there is a transfer in May 2021 giving you 31, then you will be required to send 3 representatives to the AGM.
- When PARIM is arranging in July/August to send the stipend funds to a given program, the current Chief Resident will be contacted. It is up to the Chief to determine how the funds will be issued (to whom the cheque will be written).
- These funds are not intended to be handed over to the program administration; they are allocated for residents to use however they wish. In the past, programs have held welcome and/or farewell events, upgrades to their lounges, retreats, and shared study materials.
FM Residents training in enhanced skills are grouped with their enhanced skill program (eg. FM Residents who are in FM Emergency are counted as part of the Emergency Medicine Program). Pediatric Residents are all grouped together.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Anatomical Pathology
- Anesthesia including FM Anesthesia
- Cardiac Surgery
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Clinical Microbiology
- Critical Care
- Dental Internship
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Emergency Medicine including FM Emergency
- Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Family Medicine – Urban
- Family Medicine – Bilingual
- Family Medicine – Northern Remote
- Family Medicine – Rural -Boundary Trails
- Family Medicine – Rural – Brandon
- Family Medicine – Rural – Interlake
- Family Medicine – Rural – Parkland
- Family Medicine – Rural – Portage
- Family Medicine – Rural – Steinbach
- General Internal Medicine
- General Surgery
- Geriatric Medicine including FM Care of the Elderly and FM Palliative
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Maternal/Fetal Medicine
- Medical Genetics
- Medical Oncology
- Molecular Genetics and Cytogenetics
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology including FM Obstetrics
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatrics including Pediatrics Allergy & Immunology, Anesthesia, and Emergency Medicine
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Psychiatry including Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Public Health and Preventative Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery